Blast from the past!

Just noticed another sweater from my back catalogue (below left) on Joanne Conklin's blog.  It gives me such a buzz to see someone has taken the time to actually make one of my designs, especially an allover fairisle - awesome!  Originally designed for Ralph Lauren Womenswear more than twenty years ago, Joanne has knitted this sculptured fairisle so beautifully, not an easy knit either with both fairisle and reverse stocking stitch patterns.  The version on the right is from the very first Rowan Journal.  My thanks go to Joanne for reuniting me with this long-lost friend.  If anyone else has pictures or stories about making one of my vintage designs it would be great to hear them.

I'm going through my portfolio at the moment, revisiting many old favourites and deciding which, if any, I could bring into the digital age.  I can then make them available as downloads or even make a best-loved Ebook.  It's a big project - I have hundreds of designs, but it'll be a good thing to do with a glass of wine in front of the fire on long winter evenings.  Watch this space, I may get it done by this time next year!

Comments

  1. This sweater is one of my absolute favourites. I can't begin to tell you how many compliments I've received over the years. There aren't many designs that I'd knit again if I lost a sweater, or if it wore out. This is one that I'd definitely do again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please leave your message here.

Popular Posts