Happy New Year!!!

I know the New Year has arrived for real when I get the uncontrollable urge to scrub the kitchen table and purge the pinboard! Had a cosy Twelfth Night yesterday, enjoying the last embers of the Xmas glow - burning the holly, sitting by the fire with candles lit and glass in hand. Always seems like a good time to reflect on the coming year and what it might bring.
We saw in the New Year with friends and fireworks around a bonfire in their garden. Felt quite pagan to be outside and exposed to the elements at the dawning of a new year, and the bonfire kept us all surprisingly warm... no doubt the bubbly had something to do with it too!

I don't do resolutions as when I used to I never kept them. However, P and I did start off the year with a fast on New Year's day, which made me feel very virtuous. We heard about the 5/2 diet while talking to some friends at a party, who were on it not because they wanted to lose weight, but because it's been lauded as a good way to stay healthier for longer. They told us it claims to ward off such western diseases as cancer, diabetes and Alzheimers. Well, if it only achieved half of that we thought it would be worth giving it a go, mainly for us just to counterbalance the excesses of the festive season.  Apparently you have to restrict your calorie intake to less than 600 on two days a week, then you can eat whatever you like for the rest of the week. Sounds easy peasy - we'll see.

First family occasion this year was Ava's fourth birthday. It was lovely to see the girls for the first time in 2013 and present Ava with her gift - a guitar in her fave colour. She took to it like a duck to water, cool and confident - a rock chick in the making if ever I saw one.
This last month has been fairly full on, which helps explain why I haven't found much time for blogging. Text edits for upcoming book, prepping classes for VK Live etc etc, (btw would be great to see you there if any of you are going), but of course I still found time for a spot of knitting. Here it is waiting to be pressed, designed for Artesano yarns a few years back. It's a design I love to wear and oh so easy to knit.
Chill
It can be worn two ways, either make it one size smaller and wear it edge to edge as in the pic, or knit the correct size and overap the wide band and add two large buttons (pic in the pattern).  The alpaca is SO warm and cosy, only thing you have to watch is that you don't wash in the machine on anything other than a wool wash - I've already shrunk and felted one to bolero size! Not on purpose I might add!

To celebrate the New Year I'm gifting the pattern to all you lovely peeps who read my blog, wishing you a year of peace, health, love and laughter.  You can download it here.

Comments

  1. Love this pattern! Thank you for sharing it! When I click on the link, it says "This purchase has been placed in your Ravelry account." but I can't seem to find it in my account.... it isn't listed in patterns. Do you know where I should look to find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the exact same problem. It is a lovely pattern and I'm anxious to get started. It's COLD here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's such a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have the same problem and can't locate the pattern. Looking forward to finding out how to get it - I want to make this for my step-daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant find my pattern too..looked through my account...Bummer :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like I'm not alone in being unable to access the pattern, but I must say that I love the cardigan. Thank you, thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too:( It really is lovely and I love the colour you've done it in!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same problem here :-(

    I did go through your Ravelry store. What a treat! Such beautiful patterns and inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. and me too unable to find this beautiful pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fixed now! So sorry, thought I could use the path through my Ravelry store but apparently not. Happy knitting! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still isn't working; I have Dropbox but I can't access pattern that way, either. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jenni in Edmonton6 January 2013 at 19:06

    Tried - got a Dropbox Error 403 message - too bad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another glitch, sorry, sorry, sorry, Dropbox is now working!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not working yet ... but Thank You!! when it does. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The link is working now - thank you very much! The pattern looks fun to knit, and very comfortable to wear.

    I love your picture of the outdoors celebration. I enjoy an annual outdoors solstice party, and there is something very refreshing about a bonfire on a chilly winter's night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for the pattern. Unfortunately it will be too small for me. I love the way it looks, it is very pretty.

    Cathy Smith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please leave your message here.

Popular Posts