Galway


Just stopping for breath back in our hotel room before we check out a restaurant and a music session tonight.  Had a good day wandering around Galway - lots of interesting people out in the sunshine. Dropped into O'Maille's, the first shop ever to sell Aran sweaters.  Had a lovely informative chat with Anne O'Maille, who agreed to do a cable workshop for us and bring along some vintage Arans to our Show & Share.  Very exciting to meet her and look around her shop.



Galway was humming with people today - locals, tourists, students and musicians on every corner.  I managed to curb my urge to buy another Claddagh ring, although I love the sentiments they express.


Spent some time people watching outside a local bar with my first Guinness of the trip, before checking out two other yarn stores and exploring the music scene which is, as you might imagine, very vibrant.  



Off to find the craic now - supper at a fabulous restaurant by the Spanish arch, which prides itself on cooking local and organic food, then along to sample some music - I'll be taking along my spoons!


Tonight's supper - I had the goat's cheese and Philip had polenta, both were superb - it's a hard life on the road!  Night night.


Comments

  1. Hello, I don't remember if I have commented on your blog yet, but I absolutely love your content and photography. I would have love, love, loved following you around Galway !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, please leave your message here.

Popular Posts