Happy Thanksgiving!

Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK, it's always a reminder to me to check out the things in life that I'm truly thankful for.  Grumbling is part of the human condition I fear, we all do it, but when I sit down and think of all the things I love which are a constant in my everyday life, it's a humbling exercise.  The list is endless, too embarrassing to print, so suffice it to say that I'm truly grateful for my family, loyal friends, an interesting and creative job, my guitar, my cats and my garden. But importantly, I'm very happy to be waking up every morning in a safe place, where freedom of speech is a given.  Wouldn't it be great if everyone in the world could say that?  Would be good to hear what you are thankful for.


The image is Arabesque, a true mobius scarf from Sweet Shawlettes.  I find myself revisiting the traditional fan and feather lace pattern over and over again, it's a real classic and can be interpreted in so many different ways.  Reminiscent of my Lancashire childhood, it was one of my mother’s favourite patterns, being easy to knit whilst creating a seemingly intricate design.  I’ve used reversible garter stitch so the scarf will look great on both sides, with stitch definition guaranteed by the gorgeous Sublime cashmerino silk aran yarn, and finished off with one of my favourite edgings - the picot point cast off:
Cast off 2 sts, *slip remaining stitch on RH needle to LH needle, cast on 2 sts, cast off 4 sts; repeat from * to end. Fasten off remaining stitch.

Comments

Popular Posts