Sasha's dental nightmare!

Sasha's daughter, Tanya, had to go off to the Knitting & Stitching Show in Harrogate on her own today, as for the past couple of days Sasha has been having an horrendous dental drama.  After having the work done on Monday in time to be feeling better for Harrogate, her tooth was feeling dreadful when they arrived on Tuesday night and it got progressively worse until this morning one side of her face was twice the size of the other and she had to be rushed off to the medical drop-in for the second time.

Yesterday she was told nothing could be done as she wasn't a York resident and anyway there was no dentist there, so she had to grin and bear it and struggle through the opening day of the show.  However this morning she managed to see someone who diagnosed an abscess and sinus infection and she's now been prescribed a course of anti-biotics.  Sasha looks as if she's done five rounds in the boxing ring with Mike Tyson, but she's being very stoic about it.  Poor thing feels so worn down that she's gone back to bed, with Tanya holding the fort in Harrogate.

So... tonight this calls for my favourite  comfort food - bangers, mash and roasted veggies covered with a tahini gravy - hopefully this will slide down easily and not irritate the offending tooth.
Collected Ava from nursery at lunchtime and  for the past half hour she's been dressing up in the wool room, which I hesitate to call my stash, as it's so large and uncatalogued, that even if I knew where to start looking, it's odds on that I'd have to spend an hour opening bags and boxes and still not find what I'm looking for.  It's high on my list of priorities to get it sorted, but when it comes to it there's always something more important and meanwhile the wool keeps on coming!  Anyway I digress, before I went off on the stash tangent I was meaning to say that we were highly amused to find Ava looking very fetching wearing a skein of hand-spun fibre - looks like my grand-daughter has good taste in yarn!

Anyway, gotta take Sasha a cuppa now,  the antibiotics haven't kicked in and she's still feeling awful, despite the paracetamol, ibuprofen etc.  If you feel like posting some feel better comments I'm sure it might help cheer her up! That dentist has a lot to answer for!


Comments

Popular Posts